Terms and Conditions
By using the site, you agree that—
- All information you submit is truthful and accurate.
- You will not submit any personal information if you are under 13 years old.
- You will not advertise or sell products or services.
- You will not use the site to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame, or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party.
- You will not transmit software virus(es) or other code, files, or programs to interfere with the site functionality or users’ use and enjoyment of the site.
- You will not crawl, scrape, or cache any content from the NHVRC website, including personal information or User Materials, or collect or store any personal information of other users without their express permission.
- Your use of the site does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
The NHVRC reserves the right to change our Terms and Conditions and other site policies at any time. Such changes will go into effect immediately. Your continued use of the site after the revised Terms and Conditions are posted will constitute your acceptance of the revisions.
Use of Site Content
The materials contained on the NHVRC website are provided for educational and informational purposes only. The NHVRC website is protected under U.S. copyright laws to the maximum extent permitted. Unless otherwise indicated, all content (copyrights, trademarks, service marks, designs, text, graphics, layout, logos, pictures, audio/video clips, information, or data [“Content”]) included in/on the website is owned or controlled by the NHVRC or its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, representatives, or agents (each a “Copyright Holder”). All the Content on this site may be used, downloaded, reproduced, or reprinted provided that your use strictly complies with and you agree to meet the following terms and conditions—
- Use of the Content must be for noncommercial educational, informational, or personal use only.
- You will not modify the Content in any way unless authorized in writing by the NHVRC.
- For all Content other than the Home Visiting Yearbook or Data Supplement, you will include the following attribution: © 2020 National Home Visiting Resource Center.
- For the 2020 Home Visiting Yearbook, you will include the following attribution: National Home Visiting Resource Center. (2020). 2020 Home Visiting Yearbook. Arlington, VA: James Bell Associates and the Urban Institute.
- For the 2019 Home Visiting Yearbook, you will include the following attribution: National Home Visiting Resource Center. (2019). 2019 Home Visiting Yearbook. Arlington, VA: James Bell Associates and the Urban Institute.
- For the 2018 Home Visiting Yearbook, you will include the following attribution: National Home Visiting Resource Center. (2018). 2018 Home Visiting Yearbook. Arlington, VA: James Bell Associates and the Urban Institute.
- For the 2017 Home Visiting Yearbook, you will include the following attribution: National Home Visiting Resource Center. (2017). 2017 Home Visiting Yearbook. Arlington, VA: James Bell Associates and the Urban Institute.
- For the Data Supplement to the 2017 Home Visiting Yearbook, you will include the following attribution: National Home Visiting Resource Center. (2018). Data Supplement to the 2017 Home Visiting Yearbook. Arlington, VA: James Bell Associates and the Urban Institute.
- You will not use or misrepresent the NVHRC name or Content to imply endorsement, affiliation, sponsorship, or partnership with the NHVRC in any manner.
- You will not use the Content in any way that may tarnish the NHVRC name or reputation, including any use that the NHVRC, in its sole discretion, determines to be lewd, obscene, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, offensive, objectionable, or inconsistent with the NHVRC’s mission. We do not condone such language and are not responsible for any inappropriate comments made by third-parties on our site or in relation to our site.
- You agree to immediately remove, destroy, or refrain from using the Content if instructed to do so by the NHVRC.
Submitting User Materials
The NHVRC site allows you to post, upload, or transmit text, photographs, videos, or other content and materials (“User Materials”). For example, our Share a Story form lets users convey their personal experiences with home visiting. By submitting User Materials, you represent that such materials are your own or that you have the permission of the author or copyright holder to do so. By submitting User Materials, you also represent that you have informed all persons featured within the content of the intended use of the materials and have received the permission of all said persons to such use (e.g., individuals featured in a photo or story).
If the User Materials are copyrighted, you grant to the NHVRC a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferrable license to copy, transmit, modify, display, and otherwise use the User Materials in any and all media at the NHVRC’s sole discretion. You will retain the copyright and other rights to User Materials not granted to NHVRC. If the User Materials have not been copyrighted, then NHVRC shall have the right to assert copyright to any materials uploaded to the NHVRC website.
The NHVRC does not control any User Materials and is not responsible for their accuracy or otherwise liable in any way. The NHVRC reserves the right to edit or delete any User Materials submitted to or appearing on the NHVRC site. You may not submit User Materials that:
- The NHVRC, in its sole discretion, considers to be lewd, obscene, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, offensive, objectionable or inconsistent with the NHVRC’s mission
- Infringe the property rights of others (including, without limitation, another person’s copyright or trademark), or violate the privacy or publicity rights of others
- Violate any law
The NHVRC seeks to post website content that is accurate and reliable and to maintain the security of our site, including the protection of users’ personal and non-personal information. However, this website and content are provided you on an “as is” and “as available” basis and without warranty or condition of any kind, whether express or implied. By using our site, you hereby release the NHVRC from any liability for any of the following:
- Any errors in our content or misrepresentation by a third party made in response to this website or any of its content
- Fraud by any website user or the interception of information you provide as a user
- Any links on this website to a third-party site or that site’s content; third-party content is not under the NHVRC’s control and links to other sites should not be construed as referrals or endorsements
- Failure by the NHVRC to ensure that it does not breach any copyright or intellectual property right of a third party
- Damage to your computer system or loss of data resulting from use of our site, such as downloading our materials
- Loss or damage caused by delay, errors, or downtime of this website or its servers
In no event shall the NHVRC or its affiliates be responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages under any contract, negligence, tort, extra-contractual liability, strict liability or other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this website or any other site you or users of your account may access while using this website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability on the part of the NHVRC where and to the extent that applicable laws prohibit such exclusion or limitation. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then such provision is deemed severed from the Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You agree to indemnify and hold the NHVRC and its affiliates as well as their respective directors, officers, trustees, and employees harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or users of your account, or in any way arising out of the use of this website.
The NHVRC reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for violations of the Terms and Conditions. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The NHVRC website is operated in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States of America. These Terms and Conditions shall therefore be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws in force in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the applicable laws of the United States of America, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia over any action or proceeding relating to the Terms and Conditions.
Questions and Feedback
You may send questions, comments, and suggestions (“Feedback”) regarding these Terms and Conditions using any of the methods listed on our Contact Us page. The NHVRC shall have no obligations of any kind related to the Feedback. Additionally, all Feedback shall be deemed non-confidential and become the sole property of the NHVRC, giving us the right to use and distribute the Feedback without limitation, acknowledgment, or compensation to you. You expressly waive any moral rights you may have in the Feedback.