INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The NHVRC may collect personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address for purposes including, but not limited to—
- Providing you with information through email newsletters and announcements
- Registering you for trainings or events
- Responding to user requests and questions
- Preparing personal stories about home visiting that you elect to send us
- Seeking your opinion about NHVRC products and services
- Notifying you about changes to our website and website policies
The NHVRC collects certain information about your use of our website that does not identify you personally. For example, we can identify if you are using a computer or mobile device to visit our site and the browser you are using. We also know the specific pages of our site that you visit and the date and time that you visit them. Gathering this information helps us improve our website by better understanding trends among users.
Web Browser Cookies
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The NHVRC may use your personal information to—
- Provide you with information about the NHVRC, including projects, partnerships, activities, and new home visiting information
- Notify you of important information about our website, products, and services
- Respond to your questions or requests, including requests to register for trainings and events
- Seek your opinion about NHVRC products and services
- Identify you, with consent, as the author of home visiting stories, photos, and/or videos you elect to submit to our site; please see our Terms and Conditions page for privacy information pertaining to the subjects of user-submitted content
- Better understand the way our website is used and strengthen the material we offer and how it can be accessed
- Fulfill other purposes, with your consent
The NHVRC may share personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our website and databases, and with our partners, affiliates, or other third parties. We will not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease personal information collected on our site.
The NHVRC may disclose your information to law enforcement, government, or other parties when appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal or inappropriate activity, in response to a court order or other comparable legal process, or to protect our rights.
You may “opt-out” of any services that require personal information at any time. You may also update the personal information we have about you by contacting us as described in the “Contact Information” section below.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The NHVRC site is not geared toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents or guardians of children less than 13 years of age should monitor their children’s use of our site to ensure they do not provide personal information. Should a child submit personal information to our site, we ask that their parents or guardians contact us so that we may delete it from our files.
The NHVRC has adapted appropriate security measures for our site, including the collection, storage, and processing of personal information and other data. Our hosting partner ensures asset, information, and system confidentiality, integrity, and availability by—
- Running regular code reviews of systems to ensure patches to code and software are updated
- Implementing appropriate software (iptables) firewalls on each component of the server configuration
- Using SSH keys to manage access to all repositories
- Partnering with world-leading hosting and infrastructure providers that offer Service Level Guarantees for uptime, physical access, backup, and recovery
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send a letter to the National Home Visiting Resource Center, 2000 15th Street North, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22201.