Improving Father Engagement in Texas Home Visiting Programs
Type of Product
- Early Head Start Home-Based Option
- Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)
- Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP)
- Parents as Teachers (PAT)
Purpose: Describes initiative to help home visiting programs in seven Texas counties increase their father-readiness and engage more fathers in home visiting
Example Topics Addressed:
Father Friendly Check-Up (FFCU) training sessions
Support provided to equip each community with a "Father-Readiness Toolkit"
Targeted communities increased their capacity to serve fathers by 5-7%.
Data Collection Methods
- Program administrative record reviews
For More Information
Vecere, E. (2015). Improving father engagement in Texas home visiting programs. Policy & Practice, 73(2). Retrieved from https://www.questia.com/magazine/1G1-458804006/improving-father-engagement-in-texas-home-visiting.
- Participant Recruitment, Retention, Engagement, and Dosage