Approaches to Father Engagement and Fathers’ Experiences in Home Visiting Programs
Heather Sandstrom, Maeve Gearing, H. Elizabeth Peters, Carrie Heller, Olivia Healy, and Eleanor Pratt
Type of Product
- Healthy Families America (HFA)
- Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP)
- Other Models
- Parents as Teachers (PAT)
Purpose: Understand how home visiting programs engage fathers, what fathers' experiences are in those programs, and what the perceived benefits are of fathers' participation.
Example Topics Discussed:
Program strategies to engage fathers
Home visitor strategies to engage fathers
Challenges to recruiting and engaging fathers
Fathers' perceived benefits of participation in home visits
Data Collection Methods
- Site visits
For More Information
Sandstrom, H., Gearing, M., Peters, H. E., Heller, C., Healy, O., & Pratt, E. (2015). Approaches to father engagement and fathers’ experiences in home visiting programs (Report No. 103). Washington, DC: Urban Institute.
Retrieved from https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/opre/20151130_fahv_report_finalized_b508.pdf .
- Participant, Family, and Program Outcomes
- Program Enhancements, Innovations, and Promising Approaches
- Participant Recruitment, Retention, Engagement, and Dosage